In the current digital era, no matter what business you own or work at, if you do not have any digital presence, you are missing out on a huge chunk of audience and prospective clients which you could not get otherwise through conventional marketing and advertising methods.
This is no different for an interior designer. If you are one, you need your products and services to reach your target audience so you can be noticed by other designers and architects so your business can grow.
Therefore, having an online presence is of the utmost importance so you can immediately connect without your audience with minimum effort and be able to increase your sales all over the world.
In this article, we will describe some of the most common yet important digital strategies which you should be adopting in promoting your products, services, and business.
Social media is one of the quickest, easiest, and cheapest ways for you to promote your products and services. Social media apps such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and GooglePlus serve as great platforms where you can show the world what you have to offer and let them connect with you in an effort to increase your business and sales.
On social media, you can promote your business and services, through what is commonly referred to as social media marketing, in the following ways:
- Social media is a powerful tool for advertising and marketing. In different platforms, you can identify your audience through demographics or categories and advertise your interior design products in that particular category. Through targeting your ad campaign to a specific demographic of audience, you reach out directly to your prospective customers in minimum time and effort.
- Social media serves as a strong platform for customers and buyers to interact with each other. Customer support is an important aspect of any business.
These days customers register their complaints and ask questions about different products on social media. If the brand representatives are able to connect with those customers, answer their queries, and talk about their experiences, it helps to increase their brand loyalty and improve customer experience. This helps to increase your sales and promotes a positive image for your company.
- Social media allows you to update your customers and audience with all kinds of news about your business instantly. You can send them reminders periodically so that they are reminded of your existence and eventually, you can increase your traffic, sales, and business. You can also host live-streaming sessions to communicate directly with your followers.
Your Own Website
Every business or project should have its own website as it shows to the world what kind of services and products you offer. A website also shows to the viewers how professional you are and how you take every aspect of your business.
One of the biggest advantages of your own website is that you can customize it according to your specifications and preferences. You can add photographs of your products, portfolios, videos, and detailed information about your services.
You can also add a “Contact Us” part where you respond to any queries and build customer confidence and loyalty.
But having just a website is not enough. You have to create it in a way that it gets noticed whenever someone tries to search for similar content on search engines.
For this purpose, you have to employ various SEO (Search Engine Optimization) techniques so your website will show higher in search engine results. SEO involves various elements such as keywords, meta tags, trusted websites, backlinks, and much more.
In this regard, website design, in terms of asthetic and technicality, is very important. You can even hire a professional service to carry good SEO of your website so it can easily be noticed.
Another aspect of a good website is that you use AdWords. These are similar to social media ads where you identify your audience and pay per click for those ads. The websites which then have AdWords installed and have the target audience as you specified will then be able to show your ads there. This can go a long way in improving your website traffic.
Blog posts are another great digital strategy that can help to increase your digital presence on the internet. Of course you have your own website but if you get featured in a professional and popular blog, it can work really well to bring traffic to your website or business page. There are several ways you can use blog posts to your advantage such as:
- One of the options for getting your blog featured is to pay for featuring. You just pay a good website for publishing your blog and that’s it!
- Another option in this regard is to get yourself featured in other people’s blogs. This can be made possible by preparing a press release and handing them out to bloggers when you go to an event so they know about your business and eventually, write about you in their respective blogs. This will help promote your business.
- A blog post should also be written in such a way that it offers all the correct information, using all the right keywords, and properly portrays your business. A good article can help bring loads of traffic to your website if it appears well in search engine results. You can publish them on various websites or self-publish them. Wherever you publish, it is sure to benefit you in the long run.
Interior designing and its end products are all visual services, so one of the most important things that you can do to increase your business is to invest in a good interior photography service. Interior design photography captures the essence of your products through just the right angles and lighting so all the features are enhanced and properly portrayed. Through professional editing and post-processing, you would be able to get amazing photographs of your design products that will truly stand out.
You can then use these interior design photographs to advertise and market and to show to your prospective customers what you can offer. You can upload these photographs on your websites, on the social media, in blog posts, and all other digital platforms and see your sales and business grow.Online Ads
Another digital strategy to promote your business is through different types of online ads. One of such types is Banner Ads which are somewhat similar to AdWords. You pay a particular website, where you think you can find your target audience, to feature your ads.
Another type of such ads is Native Ad. Through this method, you can collaborate with websites that offer professional services to interior designers and advertise your content through their ad campaigns and eventually engage your target audience.
These are some of the most important digital strategies that you can employ as an interior designer to ensure your presence on the internet. In this era of the pandemic, you should further improve your online existence so you can reach out to your target audience while they are sitting in their homes and correspond to them. These digital strategies will help to promote your interior design business more efficiently.
Here at VIA Media, we provide professional videography services for all your needs. We seek to capture authentic and intimate experiences for your audience imagery. Also, feel free to check out VIA’s other projects and other services here!